Friday, May 02, 2008

Round Up for Week (April 26-May 2)

Since I'm not always in the mood to write and yet I want to keep (or at least try) to keep my blog updated, I'll be doing bullet points of my week's highlights per day. I call this the Round Up for the Week. At least since my memory is regressing (blame it on the epidural, as Lai would fondly say), these entries will help me remember. So I hope my memory won't get so bad that I won't even remember I have a blog. Hehe... (Boydee kind of joke when he's busog)

April 26 (Saturday)
Attended JV's son 's baptism where Boydee stood as one of the 25 Ninongs and that's not counting the 23 Ninangs. This is a highlight NOT because I saw Richard Gomez and Susan Roces during the baptism, but because of 2 things:
1. The Plaza Miranda ham with pan de sal and fresh corned beef with brussel sprouts!!! Oooh, I am literally salivating now and I am looking for an excuse to have a party in La Vista so we can order from them. Their ham is deliciously pink and very lean. They have a variety of sauces you can choose to 'glaze' your ham with. I chose the traditional honey glaze, but there were wasabi flavored sauce, garlic sauce, and 2 or 3 more. Ate this with the soft, yellowish pan de sal, and I was in ham heaven.
The corned beef was tender and flavorful. For me, this was a healthier option instead of the canned corned beef. I've been looking for a resto here that served fresh corned beef because I was missing this one from Eddie's Log Cabin and Cebu Country Club. Now, I've finally found it. Thanks to the baptism! :) hehe...
2. The centerpiece - I am NEVER one to take home centerpieces or decor from weddings and children's parties. The only thing I had ever brought home that wasn't a giveaway or a lootbag were balloons for Miggy then and now for Bric. But I broke my record that day. I couldn't resist asking Rhina's permission if I could bring home this cute ferris wheel of a centerpiece, despite Boydee's embarrassment. But once I had put Bric's pictures on it, I totally think he felt it was soo worth it! Hahaha...

April 27 (Sunday)
Mass in Holy Family at 11am; lunch at Il Pirata. Love their parma ham something. Japa devoured the osso buco. Had DQ dessert with the kids! :) Walked in LV with Boydee and Bric but had to cut the route short because Bric was getting restless and I suddenly had the urge to poo.

April 28 (Monday)
Nothing much going on except that this is the day Boydee made an account in Face Book simply to play Who's Got the Biggest Brain. This is the "IT" game for the Dizons now. Of course, I'd have to brag... my Love currently has the biggest brain with 3079 points with Japa and Rondic not far behind. Emphasis is on the word "currently" because all of them are breathing down each other's necks for the number one spot. I am by the sidelines cheering Love on :) As they say, behind every successful man is a woman. Behind the man with the biggest brain is his coach of a wife. Hahaha... Just kidding :)

April 29 (Tuesday)
My much awaited concert date was tonight. Boydee and I first knew of the singing group, Angelos, when they sang during the Silver Anniversary of Ninong Cecilio and sweet Auntie Irene. This is our version of Il Divo with F4 looks. Can they sing!!! Lea Salonga, who was a guest, gave them a standing ovation. After their performance, they announced that they had a concert on April 29, so Boydee and I marked our calendars.

That night, Boydee and I along with Mom, Ate Rona, Rondic and Lai converged in CPK, Greenhills for dinner then proceeded to Teatrino for the Angelos concert. Charo Yu, the group's gracious and accommodating manager showed us to our seats but then we opted for the balcony - our own private box! Hehehe... As usual, we were wow'ed by the group when they sang together. Beverly Salviejo provided comic relief. I could hear Lai laughing her heart out :) She's one talented singer-comedienne. We're considering getting them for Dad and Mom's Ruby. The Angelos, not Beverly, although Rondic immensely enjoyed her spiels and suggested in jest of getting her instead.

April 30 (Wednesday)
Office day for me while Mom, Ate and Lai brought our kids to Tatang to have their measurements taken for the Ruby Anniversary.
2 meetings in the office: Mona and Andrew Q. for work and Ruby, respectively.

Bric now knows how to nod his head to mean 'yes'. Hehe...

May 1 (Thursday)
Labor Day, meaning Holiday. This is one of the few holidays GMA didn't move for that long weekend, domestic tourism pitch.

Did some cleaning - sent 2 boxes from our room to the attic. Bric's overgrown clothes filled up a whole large plastic organizer. Baby Tyler will have a lot of hand me downs from his cousins! :)

Our sink pipe leaked and we found out it was because it cracked. Good thing Jess was here to fix it. But not after my big bag of paper and plastic bags were soaked. Sharlyn had to hang them to dry.

That afternoon, we (myself with Melinda and Elma) went to Farmer's market to buy seafood and meat for Bric and the house. Despite the smell, I enjoy going to the market. It's fun to look for what's fresh and think of what to do with it. Melinda cooks a variety of dishes but I still long for the food in Mabolo like the tanghon, chinese lumpia, bihon soup and the longanisa from Ramos market.

That night, we had steamed pampano, manila clams with black bean sauce, sauteed spinach in garlic, and spaghetti vongole while Bric had fish head soup with fresh noodles. All fresh from the market :)

May 2 (Friday)
2 meetings again today. One with Aida, one of our sales agent who's either a poor manager of money, or who's really unlucky with her staff. This is giving her the benefit of the doubt. I hope she'll manage to fulfill her obligations. Second, second presentation of our existing ad agency who offers personalized service but sorely wanting in the creative and copy department. This one's up for evaluation with one start-up company as its main rival. Judgment day on Monday, perhaps.

Then, we attended the Ruby of Tito Joy and Tita Bambi Ramos. There's always something sweet and endearing watching an old couple still holding hands and dancing, swaying slowly to the music even after 40 years. I wish Boydee and I will still be up and active 40, 50 years from now and loving each other more and inspiring people with our love and through our families. To the Ruby couple, happy anniversary!!! To their kids who prepared for the party, congratulations!

That was my week in a nutshell.

No comments: